Pet Friendly Accommodation on Phillip Island – bring your best friend!
If you’re looking for a dog friendly or pet friendly caravan park, camping site or pet friendly accommodation we’d love to help.
We allow small pets to stay at the Cowes Foreshore Tourist Park provided you are in your own caravan or tent – or in our pet friendly cabin.
Approval is at the Manager’s discretion and must be sought at the time of booking.
To ensure that allowing pets in the park does not negatively impact the enjoyment of other guests, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Pets are permitted on sites, in guest’s own van or tent, or in our pet friendly cabin
- Pets staying in our pet friendly cabin must not sleep on the beds. There is a dog kennel on the deck available or pets may sleep inside as long as they are in their own bed on the floor.
- Pets are prohibited in any other cabin or unit accommodation
- Pets are prohibited from the reception/kiosk, amenities and camp kitchens
- Pets must be kept on a lead at all times within the caravan park
- Barking and other excessive noise must be addressed immediately
- All mess must be immediately removed and disposed of
- Please do not go out and leave your pet behind, pets are not to be unattended at any time
- A maximum number of pets may apply
Off Leash Dog Areas – Phillip Island
There are 2 designated off-leash areas on Phillip Island:
Blue Gum Reserve – Dunsmore Road, Cowes
Beach between Ventnor Beach Road & Graydens Road
Between 1 December to 30 April each year dogs are permitted off leash between 7.00am and 10.00am and 5.00pm and 8.00pm.
Dog Restricted Areas
One of the attractions of Phillip Island is that it is home to a variety of native wildlife, many which are protected. As a result, there are a number of protected reserves and beaches across the island which prohibit dogs.
It’s important to check the local signs as you explore. Some areas have restricted times that dogs are allowed to be in the area, while other areas are completely off-limits to dogs.
There are, however some beaches where dogs are permitted ‘on leash’. For example – Devon Ave Ventnor, Smiths Beach, Surf Beach and the Colonnades, with summer restrictions in line with the Council managed beaches.
Please see The Bass Coast Council website for the most comprehensive and up to date information.
Dog Friendly Cafes
There are many lovely cafes with outdoor seating that will allow you to enjoy a coffee or a meal with your dog next to you at your table.
- Mad Cowes Cafe – plenty of seating in the outdoor area
- Silverleaves Store – dogs welcome at the front verandah or rear courtyard
- Hotel Phillip Island – outdoor tables under the cypress trees
- There are many more, let us know your favourite!
What to bring to our pet-friendly accommodation
Here’s a handy list to help you pack for your furry friend:
- Pet bedding and blankets
- Favourite toy
- Poop bags / pooper scooper
- Water bowl
- Can opener